Friday, October 11, 2013

Friday - lunch with Geoffrrey's two women


I'm having cheese and crackers and some left over lamb from dinner for breakfast. Yeji called and suggested we have lunch with Geoffrey's mother. I said yes. I went down stairs to wait for them and again encountered the Scot (Devlin is his surname) so sat down while waiting. He borrowed W3000 for cigarettes and gave me a book by Paulo Coelho, The Pilgrimage. Sook said she heard he is a bar tender but Geoffrey says he is just a bum. When they showed up we left and walked to E-Mart where Sook was told she could get the best rate on an ATM. We had lunch at a buffet upstairs at the Annex of Lotte.










As I walked back I stopped in a bank to change money and Geoffrey came in with Wayne. They were driving by and saw me so they stopped. We said hello and they went on their way.

It seems Geoffrey knows, or knows of, Devlin. I spoke with on Wednesday. I can't help wondering what is his purpose in life. He is a complete hedonist, going from city to city, bar to bar, debauch to debauch. Will he be missed by anyone? I know, 100 years from now there are very few of us who will be remembered, but I hope to have made the world a better place to some extent. Geoffrey tells me Devlin and his buddies supplement drinking at bars by buying beer at convenience stores and drinking out front because it saves money; bars are expensive I am told.

I took a long nap. At about 6:00 Geoffrey showed up and we each got a sandwich at Paris Baguette, then went to his place where we sat around. We took a cab back to the hotel, and he went to Hotel International to have a beer with Wayne.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment