Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Tuesday - hanging out II


Mothers with toddlers at lunch at Lotte.
My intention was to go to Lotte Cinema and catch a movie but I didn't see anything on the web page except Korean. When I was here last year there were several English language movies so I thought that if I walked up there I would find one or two when I got there. There weren’t any. I went into the department store section and did find some coffee cups made in England, and when I asked was directed to some made in Korea but with louder designs. I settled on one with a somewhat paisley theme. I went down to the restaurant and had chajangmyun (noodles with black bean paste) while watching the mothers and children and doing a little reading.

When the kid on the left was done eating his mother put him down and he just wandered off. she didn't seem concerned. On the way back he stopped near me and just stood there looking at me. I tried to talk to him and patted the chair next to me in what I thought would be a suggestion he sit there but he just came over and patted it too.
 
Dolmen in downtown Changwon
I left and tried to find a Cafe Bene but couldn't, even with asking directions. I wondered around and did see the dolmen mound I had heard of. It looked like rain (Yeji called this morning to warn me and tell me to take an umbrella) so I came back. 

After a nap I went down stairs to a restaurant in the building (the hotel is on the fifth and sixth floors of an office building with stores and restaurants on the ground floor). I had sangsun gui: two broiled fish about ten inches each head to tail - and yes there were the head and tail. Evidently it doesn't come with rice or side dishes, so I asked for rice because the kkakdugi it does come with needed something to protect the stomach. I went across the street and got a pastry to go with breakfast then went back to the room.



No comments:

Post a Comment