Monday, October 14, 2013

Monday - hanging out I

I went to the International Hotel for breakfast. On the way back I stopped at a drug store and, not knowing the words for constipated or suppository, apologized for my language then described my situation and need in pretty crude terms. He understood. The cost was only W300 and I said cheap (not sure if saoyo has a double, or aspirate 's' or a simple 's' but he understood and laughed. I just looked it up and it is a double 's'). It seems to have done the job.

The medicine Yeji gave me seems to have worked too. My shoulder and back are better, not all better, but better.

Chinese restaurant for lunch
Yeji called just before 12:00. She is in Seoul. I went for a walk and had lunch at a Chinese place on Jungang Daero, then found a cafe and had an iced latte sitting at a sidewalk table. I'm back to reading Kim Young-Ha's Your Republic Is Calling You. I could have found a better place to sit. It adjoined a small parking lot. Feeling some more movement in my bowels I headed back.

Sitting on the corner ...
I took a nap and had a dream in a classroom discussing a religious matter. As I thought I was waking up and was trying to remember it I had another in which I was having trouble breathing and found I would do better with my mouth wide open, but then that didn't help and I went downstairs thinking to call an ambulance and someone asked if I had tried my inhaler. I looked for my green bag and thought it was upstairs and when someone went for it I saw it on a table and took a couple puffs.

A little after 6:00 I went out for dinner and ended up with an unsatisfactory hot dog roll at Paris Baguette. It seems this is not dinner hour and I was turned away at a couple places.

Geoffrey is at work and is going to Seoul later to meet Yeji for their Embassy appointment tomorrow so I'm pretty much on my on, which is fine with me after a week of being in demand.


No comments:

Post a Comment