Saturday, October 12, 2013

Saturday: Wedding at Smyrna Church, Changwon (pictures below)

Geoffrey found me drinking Coffee at Paris Baguette.
I had a wake up call at 7:00. Geoffrey called at about a quarter to eight. He had overslept. I was ready for him by 8:20 and he took me back to his place for breakfast. He cooked, eggs and the Korean version of sausage which is just hot dogs (I guess a hot dog is a kind of sausage). I took my white shirt and Sook ironed it.

Sook and I took a cab back to the Hotel International, near where she had to go for makeup and across the street from NamSun Hotel. I had time so went to Paris Baguette for coffee and an apple pastry (not too sweet and my blood sugar is fine). Geoffrey had gone back to the hotel and the maid told him I had gone out so he came looking for me. I was sitting in the window when Geoffrey came across the street. He saw me sitting in the window and waived, then came in and joined me. We then went back to the car and waited for his mom, then he took us to the church.

A Sandy Spring (high school) classmate with Geoffrey's mother.
At the church I bowed to so many people I can't keep them straight. As to the wedding, the pictures tell it all (see below). There was a woman whose job it was, it seems, to take care of Yeji. She held her train when Yeji turned and dabbed her eyes with q-tips when Yeji teared up.

We all went to September restaurant (Gu Wol) for an early dinner. We occupied several rooms and in our room most of us were already seated when Duke came in. He had us move to different places except Young Son (Sook's cousin, a chemistry professor like his father) and his daughter (a senior at Ehwa University where Geoffrey's aunt Young Sook went and who attnded VCU in Richmond for a while) They were ensconced in the corner. Everybody except Yeji's family, me and Geoffrey were drinking beer.

Geoffrey and Yeji

The minister with Geoffrey and Yeji


Front row 2nd from left (grey hair) is Geoffrey's uncle

Geoffrey and Yeji with her parents

No comments:

Post a Comment